At Fielder Electrical Services, we know electricity is the lifeblood of the modern building. As technology develops, the amount of electricity we use in both homes and businesses increases. One of the most common problems we encounter is homes is a shortage of electrical outlets. Because of this, there is the temptation to use extension cords and overload outlets, causing a safety hazard.
- DO watch out for cracking or sizzling coming from outlets.
- DON’T overload your outlets or extension cords with multiple extenders.
- DON’T use worn or frayed extension cords.
- DO watch for warm or discolored outlets and plates.
- DO make sure your large appliances (refrigerator, microwave, dryer, heater) are powered on their own dedicated line.
- DON’T run heaters or other appliances on extension cords.
- DO contact Fielder Electrical Services to wire additional outlets where needed. Call (314) 773-4955 to discuss!
The Electrical Safety Foundation International is an organization dedicated exclusively to promoting electrical safety. They provide these two helpful guides to help prevent electrical fires in your home or business.
The electricians of Fielder Electrical Services are committed to making your home and business safe. If you have questions about the safety of any outlet in your home, please contact our office. If you need new a new outlet (or several) in your home, we would be glad help!