The holiday season is a busy one for your kitchen! While you are spending all that time in the kitchen, make sure you’re thinking of Thanksgiving safety.
- Make sure your kitchen GFI outlets are in good working order. Know what to do if you trip one when doing all that extra kitchen work.
- Cleanliness is key to Thanksgiving safety! Make sure you don’t have grease or debris buildup that can catch fire.
- Verify that your appliances are off when you don’t intend to use them.
- Use a timer when cooking to keep yourself on track.
- Check to ensure your smoke detectors are in good working order, just in case something does get out of hand.
- Frying a turkey has many inherent dangers- know your safety rules before starting, & give this project your full attention from start to finish.
- Don’t cook in the dark! Need more lighting? Look at our page on kitchens!